Wednesday, February 7, 2007

That didn't sound like thunder

A very, very loud explosion woke me last night. I scrambled out of bed in a panic, fully aware that the Foreign Minister's house is across the street (apparently, we had some bad information earlier) and that anything can happen here at anytime. I fumbled for my glasses, remembered that my shoes are downstairs, and scurried to the back of the house where Anne and Randy's bedroom is located. I was also fully aware that poor Anne hasn't really slept more than 2 hours each day since we left Dulles. However, that was an explosion and I was not going to kid around. I knock on the door, not too loud so I won't wake Sam. As I go in, I realize (fortunately) that Anne is wide awake, Sam is still asleep, and she tells me it's thunder. Apparently, it had been raining for a while, the electricity had been on/off a few times, and it wasn't even the only peal of thunder (but it was the loudest).

Ah, I am well equipped for this environment.

No comments: