Friday, February 2, 2007

And so it begins...


A journey of 5,000 miles begins with one step...

I haven't left home just yet, but Rich and Dotti have left for the ski house. That marks the last moment of my normal life and the start of my journey. After a lovely last supper at Anneke Jans, I am now facing the trip ahead and wondering what fate has in store for me. It feels like I am entering the void. Like I am taking a giant step into the unknown and into a world that will change me forever.

I might also wonder what, if anything, fate has to do with the circumstances that befall a middle class American girl when she leaves her world and goes to Bangladesh. That is the void I shall fill in 2 short days. In the meantime, I will be busy on planes, trains, and buses and also documenting Sammy J's first world tour. Don't worry grandparents, I will take lots of pictures!

1 comment:

Betsy Seidel said...

Hi Sharon!
I am looking forward to travelling to Bangladesh vicariously. Thanks for setting up this blog. I sent your email on to Dick. Have a safe and enjoyable journey!
Love,
Betsy